Wednesday, June 3, 2020

RESEARCH: MOVIE TRAILER WEBSITES

iTunes

I use iTunes frequently not only due to the accessibility of me having an iPhone but the sheer high quality of trailers and the fact that there are no advertisements. However, it still isn't my first choice when wanting to view trailers as I am more comfortable and confident navigating other sources such as YouTube. I know however that it is popular amongst friends due to the reasons above and because of the sorting feature such as recently added, most popular, editors picks.


IMDb

I use IMBD not just due to them having many quick access trailers but they have a huge database of trailer and movie information. This in turn helps me reach a justified conclusion when picking a film this is right for me. One way IMDb has helped make a decision for when reading the reviews for the film Cats which score low reviews and 2.7 on IMDb.

YouTube

YouTube is generally a popular option as not only is there a huge variety of movie trailers and helpful filtering options to find more movie previews it also includes reviews and news reports about them. YouTube is generally my first port of call due to me using It a lot and used it to watch trailers such as 'Angel has fallen', which had very positive comments along with a high view count and many likes. YouTube has a more energetic community feel to it which enables you to interact with others who also have an interest in the film. Although there are advertisements sometime before during and after the video, this are generally specifically targeted at me, therefore, giving something else I can watch once done with the present trailer I am watching.

Rotten Tomatoes 

Rotten Tomatoes offer a very helpful categorising system so I can navigate easily through the site, along with this they also offer a very interesting rating system by their critics. This helpful categorising of the site and the highly-rated films makes me have an easy and stress-free navigation through this website.





The FDA Yearbook 2020 and now updated its information on how audiences use specific websites such as Youtube and the importance of social networking sites such as Twitter. All the info about how audiences use IMDB supports our opinion that it is more than just a database but alongside functional as a site that audiences use to view a trailer, with Joker, Avengers Endgame and KGF Chapter 1 top three.


1 comment:

  1. Good research and knowledge clearly evident along with clear personal engagement.

    ReplyDelete