Tuesday, June 2, 2020

RESEARCH: INTRODUCTION TO TRAILERS


How do you find out about films?

My favourite way of finding out about new films is at the cinema as you are in the perfect environment such as the Dolby Surround Sound and of course the large screen. Not only will most films have a bigger and more meaningful impact at the cinema but the choice of the being displayed before the film is tailored to my choice and liking, which keeps my cinema-going experience sustainable. I generally discover trailers however through YouTube. This is purely due to the accessibility and the way a person can simply navigate through its user-friendly layout. Finally is recommendations through friends and family this is one of the most effective ways to find out about films due to them knowing you better than any algorithm or suggestive comment.

When can cinemas open again? Has your local reopened yet?

What makes you want to see a film?

One of the biggest appeals a film has for me is the type of actors are in such as ones that I have established a relationship with in previous films. This is due to the standard that they have upheld is to my standard. An example of this is Tom Hanks as regardless of the genre the way he puts across the story and character helps me to be able to submerge into the action of the production. One of the best films I believe he was able to pull this off best was Captain Philips. Just as important however is a genre. This is also a significant factor as you are able to choose a genre which fits your presents needs and wants. If you are feeling relatively sad and want to cheer up you may pick a rom-com or a comedy to cheer you to help the escapism factor.

New Tom Hanks movie 'Captain Phillips' surrounded by controversy - CNN

How do you know what to expect from a film?

Websites such as IMDB and Rotten Tomatoes are a good source of films and outline the baseline of a story before viewing. My most used way, however, is YouTube by viewing trailers and watching celebrity trailers and third part reviews. YouTube has a very active and accessible comment section which means you can contrast different views and perspectives about a film against one another.

IMDb - Wikipedia

What am I paying for when I buy a cinema ticket?


Two of the things I look for are the size and quality of the screen and the Dolby Surround Sound. The reason these two are important to me is due to these being the two single most important factors to that submerse experience that just can't be achieved at home. The second factor is comfort. You must be able to be in a position where you can sit in space for a prolonged period of time, I believe this is where cinemas have competition with watching films at home as there is no comfort like your own sofa. My preference is franchise's like Everyman for comfortability or little independents such as The Light Cinema.

Look inside Manchester's luxury new Everyman cinema - with sofas ...

Are there films I have to see in the cinema or does it not matter?

I do think that some films are made for the big screens generally action-packed films that take advantage of the large detailed screen and the Dolby Surround Sound. An example of this is the James Bond series where there are frequent explosions and action shots, I believe they are brought to life in this environment as the bassi surrounding sound and the bright glimmering explosions on the huge display fully immerse you in the action much more so than on a phone or tablet. I think some films such as comedies don't necessarily need that cinema experience as they don't need that subversive environment. This being said, the escapism experience is more likely to be broken in a home environment.
How to download movies from Netflix onto a phone or tablet ...


No comments:

Post a Comment